- Created on Monday, 22 March 2010 22:35
- Published on Monday, 22 March 2010 22:35
- Written by Admin
Welcome...to the Ontario Association of Teachers of German web site.
The OATG serves to bring all teachers of German in Ontario together to discuss current and planned initiatives, to share resources and ideas and to promote the learning and teaching of German in Ontario.
OATG is the provincial member association of CATG (Canadian Association of Teachers of German) and is also affiliated with CAUTG (Canadian association of University Teachers of German). Our main event is our annual "Fortbildungstag" or German teachers' PD day, hosted in Toronto, and open to all interested educators (elementary, secondary, post-secondary; German as a first language, German as a second language; Deutsch als Fremdsprache, Deutsch als Zweitsprache) across the province. We are also recognized stakeholders with the Ontario Ministry of Education, the Ontario Teachers' Federation, and other important groups. We work actively with the Goethe-Institut Toronto, the Zentralstrelle für das Auslandsschulwesen (ZfA), the PASCH-Schule Network, and other key supporters.
We produce and distribute an annual newsletter, Rundbrief, which keeps all members of the OATG informed about what is going on with the German programs at schools in Ontario and what is happening in the OATG in terms of conferences, workshops, language programs, German contests, project work on teaching materials etc.
Constitution, 1981 (to be posted shortly)
"The Association shall exist to maintain communication among, and speak for, all concerned with the teaching of German, as well as to further their professional interests."
- January 2016 Newsletter
- Congratulations to our OATG ZungenbrecherwettbewerbgewinnerInnen!
- OATG Contest for 2015: Zungenbrecherwettbewerb 2015!
- Contest for Students #2: Award of Excellence 2015
- Contest for Students #1: Youth 4 German Cinema Schüler-Film Wettbewerb 2015/2016
- 2015 Professional Development Day (Fortbildungstag): Registration and Program
- Spectacular new video promoting German in secondary schools from the Goethe-Institut Toronto
- Ontario High School German Contest: Saturday, April 11, 2015
- CASLT/OMLTA Conference: 18 Workshops for German educators
- CATG 2015 in Toronto
- 2014 OATG Annual Report now available
- Fall 2014 "Rundbrief" is now available